I am happy to be RM for Avatica 1.18.0 (will start a new discussion for it).

If we are planning to release Avatica 1.18.0 before Calcite 1.27.0, the Calcite release will have to be pushed back. This might not necessary be a bad thing as we can buy more time to work through the issues in Calcite 1.27.0.

Francis