Also I see some discussion in the Quarkus mailing list that shares the idea
that at some point we have to upgrade and not to restrict ourselves with
the constraint of supporting older releases. Change has to happen at some
point.
Therefore, if Quarkus is the only obstacle, then I think the best we
coordinate with them, for example if we state our position clearly we want
to drop Java 8 by the beginning of 2021, then I am pretty sure, a similar
decision will be taken from the Quarkus side. As Luca mentioned, a brave
and bald move has to be taken ;).

Regards,
Omar