+1 to Guillaume.

I would not like to act like Camus or Sartre on these kinds of matters, to
me, it is simple, if you think there is barrier, then there is. Overall
meritocracy is covering all these kinds matters and embraceful enough for
anything.
And these are technical terms.
Changing language or phylosophical meta or whatever we call them would
never ever solve such kind of problem. Of course it is an act. History will
live forever with all its problem bringing to today unless erased from
everybody's minds.
Keeping short and sweet hopefully,

I personally see no reason.

My 2 cents..