My .2 cents:

I don't see any problems replacing the terms.

As pointed out, they are usually replaced by terms that are clearer and
usually represent better their intentions (+ 0.5).

I know that I am fairly new and I don't intend to lecture anyone on
community building. However, I think that, maybe we should consider the
fact that they also make the community more inviting to others (+0.5).

So, for me, that would be a +1 for replacing the terms.

Kind regards

--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net