On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Gary Dusbabek <gdusba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is what should determine where energy is spent:  if enough people
> are willing to expend the effort to voice their concerns about feature
> X in JIRA and on the mailing list, and there are people willing to do
> the technical work, and it doesn't represent a technical Wrong Turn
> for the project, then it should (it will) get worked on.

Well, sort of.  I'm *willing* to work on all or most of the 217 open
Cassandra tickets, but since I don't have time to do them all I need
to prioritize aggressively.  My motivation here is to get more data
for that prioritization, which so far has been mostly guided by
intuition.

It sounds like your implicit assumption is that jira + mailing list
are a good enough approximation for who-is-using-what, but I'm not
sure that's the case.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra