Thanks for taking this on Mick.

We had roughly 7 jenkins slaves DS had donated languish I'm looking into
(came up on slack yesterday morning) so hopefully we'll have some more
resources back in the pool soon.

One other thing we've seen repeatedly over the years is startlingly
low-hanging-fruit of some badly performing tests (long stress generation,
hangs leading to timeout kills, etc) that greatly extend the testing
duration beyond what's strictly necessary to get the signal out of it.
There may be value in further conversation about a periodic "health check"
on tests and pruning out / refactoring / cleaning up some of the most
egregious offenders in terms of inefficiency over time.

Also happens to be a really good way to ramp on the code-base; for me,
working through rewriting unit tests for the StorageEngine rewrite
definitely gave me a broad overview of things I don't think I'd otherwise
have gotten.