> > This brings up the issue that links to builds on tickets should ideally
> > refer to information that is permanent.
> > This could be done by configuring builds to keep status and logs but not
> > the built artefacts (and/or adding bigger disks). I will now update the
> > builds to discard their artefacts quicker, since (afaik) no one us using
> > artefacts built by jenkins.
>
> This is already being done, we only keep the latest job's artifacts.

It was only being done for the artifact builds.
I applied the same artifactNumToKeep setting to all the builds in 5528779

> If we wanted a more permanent place to keep results, we would need some
> sort of result upload to somewhere. IMO, a jira comment on some
> CASSANDRA-123456 that just showed up in CHANGES.txt that "this patch
> passed/failed, here's that info" could be that permanent place? If the
> link to the job 404s at some point, who cares, we already have the
> feedback and could be re-run, if someone desires.

I'd rather not link, if the link will always quickly be stale.

Uploading a complete summary is a good idea. It's particularly the test report
that is of interest to me. Would each of the different builds each upload their
report to the jira ticket? That's a few comments to append… Maybe something
will come out the devbranch pipeline build that i've been playing with for
patches, an aggregated summary would be nice, along with a link to "rebuild"
that sha in the pipeline build.