> We had roughly 7 jenkins slaves DS had donated languish I'm looking into
> (came up on slack yesterday morning) so hopefully we'll have some more
> resources back in the pool soon.

Thanks Josh!

Currently all the hardware is provided by Instaclustr.

Any hardware for running dtests, from anyone, would be hugely appreciated. On
my 16gb quad i7 laptop dtests take 4-5 hours. On the jenkins agents we
currently have it takes ~11 hours.

> One other thing we've seen repeatedly over the years is startlingly
> low-hanging-fruit of some badly performing tests (long stress generation,
> hangs leading to timeout kills, etc) that greatly extend the testing
> duration beyond what's strictly necessary to get the signal out of it.

Right, indeed we're wasting a huge amount of resources with the "test-all"
build plans. It is supposed to execute the "test", "long-test",
"test-compression", "stress-test", "fqltool-test" targets, but only executes
the "test" target bc some unit tests fail.

Fixed is in CASSANDRA-15496 – Split out Jenkins test-all builds to individual
builds for each of the test targets.

With that in place I can come back with a list of 'badly performing tests'.