> > If I don't hear any objection, I'll commit this. Off this, as it
> > aggregates test reports, it's now possible to start test posting emails
> > with the test report summary, as well as bringing in the dtest builds
> > into the pipeline.
>

> Based on the pipeline approach I've gotten notifications to slack and
> email working.
>
> Does anyone object if I send these to #cassandra-builds (a brand new
> slack room) and to bui...@cassandra.apache.org ?
>
> This is not meant as anything perfect or finished, just to get
> something out there, on which a pragmatic discussion can continue…

Closing the loop on this^, these commits have been made and each of our release
branches have a pipeline build.

An example of a pipeline build result is

https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Cassandra-trunk/detail/Cassandra-trunk/6/pipeline

Notifications from these are being sent to slack #cassandra-builds and to the
builds@c.a.o ML

Next steps (I see) are:
 - remove scm polling on the other builds, so that only pipelines trigger off
new commits,
 - look into posting test result summary from each pipeline back to jira as a
comment (there will be a separate comment for each release branch a patch is
pushed to),
 - stabilise disk usage on the jenkins nodes (nodes fall over from full disks),
some discussion on builds@a.o is happening on this,
 - parallelise dtests (because 12 hours is wild)

And thanks to David, Josh, Dinesh, and Michael, for your input.