> could be some duplication.

Absolutely. I was unclear in my original email: this is offered as a
contribution in whatever form best works for the project, and there's
plenty of exceptionally good documentation and work that's already been
done in-tree. The path forward would likely look like taking some pages
wholesale, merging some in with existing content, and ignoring some
entirely which I would leave up to the contributors involved as I haven't
worked on docs in a few years. No plan to steamroll or flatten, all plans
to offer to the community what we want in-tree and in what form and nothing
more.

Any further questions or comments, don't hesitate. I'm positive there's
other things I inadequately covered in that original email.