> On Jun 24, 2020, at 6:01 PM, Brandon Williams <dri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Dinesh Joshi <djo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> 1. How/Who/Where are we planning to deal with Code of Conduct violations? I
>> assume this should be private@ but the document does not call it out as
>> such. We should call it out explicitly as part of the PMC responsibilities.
>> We should also clarify how and where are CoC violations against PMC members
>> reported and handled? Should they go to ASF?
>
> I think if we assume good intent, this will be a non-issue.  People
> may make mistakes, but I try to have faith they will realize them and
> act accordingly when told so without any need to escalate.

We need to spell out in the document how and where the CoC violations are
reported irrespective of the role of the person in the community. This is a
critical point to address. ASF spells this out very clearly[1]. We should have
a similar statement in the Project Governance document, otherwise it feels
incomplete to me.

Dinesh

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html#reporting-guidelines