The purpose of this document is to define only how the project makes decisions,
and it lists "tenets" of conduct only as a preamble for interpreting the rules
on decision-making.  The authors' intent was to lean on this to minimise the
rigidity and prescriptiveness in the formulation of the rules (so that we could
e.g. use "reasonable" repeatedly, instead of specifying precise expectations),
in part because this is our first attempt to codify such rules, and in part
because rigidity can cause unnecessary friction to a project that mostly runs
smoothly.

The document provides an avenue for resolving disputes in decision-making when
these assumptions on behaviour breakdown. However its scope definitely isn't,
at least in my opinion, addressing misbehaviour by individuals (i.e. one of the
serious breaches listed in part 5 of the Apache CoC), which it seems to me you
are addressing here?

Since we reference the ASF CoC, and the ASF provides its own guide for handling
CoC complaints (including within projects), that applies to that very CoC (and
which you referenced), it's unclear to me what you're looking for.  Are you
looking for a more project-specific CoC with different guidelines for
reporting?  This is something you would be welcome to undertake, and seek
consensus for.

On 25/06/2020, 02:38, "Dinesh Joshi" <djo...@apache.org> wrote:

    > On Jun 24, 2020, at 6:01 PM, Brandon Williams <dri...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Dinesh Joshi <djo...@apache.org> wrote:
    >> 1. How/Who/Where are we planning to deal with Code of Conduct
violations? I assume this should be private@ but the document does not call it
out as such. We should call it out explicitly as part of the PMC
responsibilities. We should also clarify how and where are CoC violations
against PMC members reported and handled? Should they go to ASF?

    > I think if we assume good intent, this will be a non-issue.  People
    > may make mistakes, but I try to have faith they will realize them and
    > act accordingly when told so without any need to escalate.

    We need to spell out in the document how and where the CoC violations are
reported irrespective of the role of the person in the community. This is a
critical point to address. ASF spells this out very clearly[1]. We should have
a similar statement in the Project Governance document, otherwise it feels
incomplete to me.

    Dinesh

    [1]
http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html#reporting-guidelines