I agree, and have said as much in the past. We have limited options for
improving this, though. I've proposed in the past a rotating role for
contributors to respond to Jira comments, but even once a committer is involved
their other commitments may make feedback rounds take a long time.

However, even this is likely to have at most a modest impact. Most contributors
don't stick around after making a patch, even if given tight feedback loops
(which does happen). They just want their bug fixed - which is great, but we
should set ourselves realistic expectations.

The community needs to do better specifically with new active contributors who
stick around for a few tickets, and to produce better (passive) incentives for
people to stick around for a few tickets.

On 27/04/2021, 13:22, "Stefan Miklosovic" <stefan.mikloso...@instaclustr.com>