On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 01:43:58PM -0700, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
> So to be clear for future UI merges does the following makes sense
> * For pure UI features we need a separate proposal email
> * If UI is part of a specific feature, the functional spec should call out
> the UI changes and UI merge request should reference the original feature
> proposal.

Sounds right to me.  The key point here is that we make decisions
about changes on the list, and feature proposals, regardless of where
they are in the code, are critical decisions.

I'd suggest that any new UI feature or design change deserves an actual
discussion on this list...  so if it's covered in the main feature
discussion, great.  But I don't want us to assume that if a feature at
the API layer down is discussed, that it means that UI changes aren't
just as important for everyone to understand and have an opportunity to
weigh in on.