From: John Burwell [mailto:jburw...@basho.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:30 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ACS41] System VMs not syncing time - does this block the release?

Chiradeep,

The issue I am experiencing is that the system VMs are not syncing to dom0 on
devcloud (i.e. the dom0 clock and the SSVM clock are different).  As I
mentioned earlier in this thread, the syncing was working previously which
seems to jibe with your findings.  What mechanism is used to sync the dom0 and
domU clocks (e.g. NTP, kernel driver, etc)?  It may be a situation where the
pieces are present, but they aren't configured properly or simply not running.

As an aside, we can not run VirtualBox Additions on devcloud due a conflict
with the Xen kernel.  Therefore, I hard execute "ntpdate pool.ntp.org"
periodically on the devcloud host to keep the clock synced with the "real
world".  Another approach is to configure NTP with a very large drift and
increase check frequency to accomodate the large clock swings that can occur.

Thanks,
-John