[Animesh>] Do we have a requirement to support this feature for VMWare? It does
not look like Nicolas is using this feature and is on VMWare? Wei do you need
this feature for VMWare?

> Decision 3: Do we solve the VMware upgrade path by ensuring that the right
> DB bits exist to transition an installation from 2.x to 4.1 in a way that
> drops SG
> support in advanced zones using Vmware HVs?
>

> Decision 4: Do we keep people in this situation stranded on 2.x?
>
> I'm personally frustrated that we have users stuck on 2.x right now.
> This is happened to us a couple of times since the project came to Apache,
> where the community has found out that something was dropped or
> effectively eaten away by "bit rot".  I am, however, thankful that we are able
> to make decisions about features health as a community going forward.
>
> I'd appreciate if others can bring their ideas / thoughts to this thread so
> that
> we can move forward.  I'm asking for tactical ideas here...  If I'm not clear
> on
> the issues as stated so far, correct me please.

[Animesh>] Missed functionality is unfortunate but we have to work through them
 I see Alena is checking on 3.0.x and Apache branches to find out if anything
else is missing in DB (schema, data)