Chiradeep,

As I understood that conversation, it was about permanently changing
the length of release cycles.  I am proposing that we acknowledge the
impact of the longer than anticipated 4.1.0 release, and push out
4.2.0.  4.3.0 would still be a four month release cycle, it would just
start X weeks later.

I like Chip's compromise of 4 weeks.  I think it would be a great
benefit to the 4.2.0 release if the community had the opportunity to
completely focus on its development for some period of time.

Finally, to David's concern that other features might be added during
such an extension.  I think that would be acceptable provided they
pass review.  The goal of my proposal is not permit more features but
to give the community time to review and collaborate on changes coming
into the release.  If additional high quality feature implementations
happen to get merged in during that period then I consider that a
happy side effect.

Thanks,
-John

On May 30, 2013, at 1:51 AM, Chiradeep Vittal
<chiradeep.vit...@citrix.com> wrote:

> This topic was already discussed here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cloudstack.apache.org/msg03235.html
>

> The consensus then was "revisit *after* 4.2". I won't rehash the pros and
> cons, please do familiarize yourself with that thread.
>

> On 5/29/13 10:10 PM, "Mike Tutkowski" <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 Four weeks extra would be ideal in this situation.
>>

>> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Sebastien Goasguen
>> <run...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> release, I would like propose that we re-evaluate the timelines for the
>>> 4.2.0 release.  When the schedule was originally conceived, it was
>>> intended
>>> that the project would have eight (8) weeks to focus exclusively on
>>> 4.2.0
>>> development.  Unfortunately, this delay has created an unfortunate