On 05/30/2013 07:43 PM, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:
I'm actually OK with delaying the release (as you pointed out, 4.1
impacted 4.2 in a big way). *I* like flexibility. But it behooves the
community to have a stable set of rules.

It is the cognitive dissonance that bothers me. Theoretically a time-based
release doesn't care about such impacts, but reality is that if someone
has been working on a feature for 4 months and it doesn't make it because
of the cut-off, they are going to feel aggrieved, especially if at some
point in the past the community agreed to make an exception.

I ack on this one. A lot of work went into the object store branch (since that's what discussion seems to be pointing at) and it would be a nightmare for the developers to merge this into 4.3.

John had valid points on the merge of the branch, but imho those can be fixed after it's merged in.

It's feature freeze, but it doesn't mean that we can't do any squashing of bugs.

Other developers are also waiting on merging their stuff in after the freeze so it will hit 4.3

I wouldn't open the window for features longer since that might bring more stuff into 4.2 which needs QA as well.

Wido