Joe,
   I don't normally follow the cloudstack-users list, but I tested
with ubuntu 12.04, and don't get that error. It would be a real shame
if nobody caught that during voting/testing, it would mean that nobody
used standard OSes to test the release. However, the user says he's
running 0.9.8, and on my installed 12.04 it gets 0.9.13. I don't
remember upgrading the version on this system.