On Jul 6, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Dharmesh Kakadia <dhkaka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will update the report. I am aware that a "Intro to Mesos" post is also
> pending from my side. Want to write on my experience while doing changes on
> large and active code base too, but that is gona take some time.
>
> I am little off in my timeline. I plan to get mesos on cloudstack working
> by midterm and shift focus on cloudformation from there. I would also like
> to know if there is any particular expectation.

In your case, I would like to see an intro to Mesos (your first post, plus
basic quick install steps, plus examples of running jobs in hadoop and mpi),
plus basic steps of starting VMs in cloudstack and setting up Mesos on those
VMs. Plus a discussions on how stackmate will help with the deployment and how
it differs from whirr/provisionr. While stackamte is an interesting way to go,
I also think that you could easily patch whirr to provide a "driver" for Mesos,
it would be a nice contribution to whirr.

-sebastien