Yeah, I totally agree that if fixes need to be made in 4.2, then we should
be putting fixes into 4.2. My only concern was the lack of time between the
branch "settling down" and it going into the field.

As long as we have a sufficient amount of time for me to perform some
manual regression testing on the RC build, I'm OK with that. :) I just got
a bit nervous last week when I pulled from upstream and noticed my feature
was broken by two completely distinct checkins. :( I don't have any way to
put decent regression tests in place in the codebase because of the need
for a SolidFire SAN.

If we're expecting a 4.2.1, then a 4.2-forward branch seems like a good
idea (although, at this point, it might be too late for it). Going forward,
though, it's probably a good idea because, as you say, otherwise we're
having to cherry pick from master and back port what we need.

Thanks, guys!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com