Mike

The originally planned RC date was for 8/19. Striving for a specific date
brings urgency and also helps keep time-based release. We are on a short time
based release cycle of 4 months and had agreed to a three week RC after code
freeze. If the releases ends up taking a long time to GA after code freeze then
we are really not sticking to 4 month cycle. IMO we should keep the same
urgency to release as we do by keeping strict code freeze and feature freeze
date. This in no way means we should release untested and poor quality release.

You would have noticed that for past two months or so there has been vigorous
activity on both QA and Dev community members. The number of issues created and
resolved has come down drastically this week. The outstanding blocker and
critical count used to be 100+ a month back and since then it has consistently
come down to a single digit number today showing the trend down towards
stability.  These are the open product blocker and critical issues at this time

| Assignee               | Key: Summary

| Kelven Yang            | CLOUDSTACK-3237 :  [vmware][SM] Migrate volume is
failing when there are snapshots for that volume

| Wei Zhou               | CLOUDSTACK-4405 :  (Upgrade) Migrate failed between
existing hosts and new hosts

| Vijayendra Bhamidipati | CLOUDSTACK-3010 :  [VMWare]
[SharedNetworkWithServices] router VM deployment fails with error "Message:
Invalid configuration for device '2'." |
| Wido den Hollander     | CLOUDSTACK-4249 :  [KVM]ceph:showing wrong template
size 755.64 TB(template created from snapshot)

| Sateesh Chodapuneedi   | CLOUDSTACK-4362 :  VM's are failing to start after
its DATA volume is migrated to second zone wide primary storage

As for tracking the way downwards I have setup many trending widgets in Release
Dashboard with 20+ filters which I have been actively monitoring and reporting
to the community. I would also like to point out in this release significant
and conscious effort has been put in to put automation in place which improves
confidence. IMO we should roll forward with the RC candidate as it brings
better engagement with more user testing and feedback. It is ok if we have to
re-spins as this helps bring release to closure sooner.

Once we decide to do an RC I would lock down 4.2 branch to ensure that we do
not make any destabilizing changes and cherry-pick necessary fixes as was done
for 4.1. I apologize for delayed response and I understand that this thread
should be driven to consensus so I will not cut an RC today and wait for what
community decides.

There are few more logistics that I would like to discuss on how we should
proceed after RC. I will start a different thread on that once there is
community consensus on RC.

Thanks
Animesh