Also, just to clarify a bit, what I'm mainly wondering about is if we can
find a way to make sure our defects are not only trending downward once we
get to a certain point in the release, but also approaching zero well in
advance of a RC build.

I know Animesh sends out regular updates and I definitely appreciate that
he does this. I was just thinking we could come up with a strategy to
determine well in advance (on the order of weeks) whether or not a RC
candidate build would actually be stable enough to send out into the field.
The best way I can think to do this is to make sure Critical and Blocker
tickets are down to zero several weeks in advance of an RC build and that
we are doing regression testing during that time.

Thoughts on this?