Quick question: The current root disk will be attached to the VM.

I interpret that statement (along with the line before it) to mean the old
root disk is replaced by a new root disk and the old root disk will be
attached to the VM as a data disk, which is not the behavior.

The behavior I see could be summarized as follows:

This action will restore the VM to a fresh root disk. After this action,
the current root disk will be destroyed.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com