Hi all,

I am making slow but steady progress on my GSoC project. If anybody is
interested in seeing the work completed and work left to do the JIRA ticket
can be seen over here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6114

Any of the work can be seen over at https://github.com/imduffy15/GSoC-2014

At the moment I have the following:

# XenServer as Vagrant Box

https://github.com/imduffy15/packer-xenserver

I have a packerfile which will output a xenserver vagrant box. This box is
configured with two interfaces. The vagrant NAT interface and a host only
interface which will be used by Cloudstack.

Originally I planned to use iptables on the xenserver box to allow the
host-only interface to use the NAT interface to supply internet access to
VMs brought up on the hypervisor. Sadly this didn't work as planned as the
iptables were overwrote.

The solution for this was to supply a gateway on the host only network.

# Mysql, NFS and Gateway vagrant box

https://github.com/imduffy15/GSoC-2014/tree/master/MySQL_NFS

I was able to re-use the chef recipes by the folks over at cloudops to
bring up a vagrant box with MySQL and NFS installed/configured.

The MySQL server is configured with no password. the vagrant file I use
does a port forwarding from host machine to VM on 3306 to enable the host
machine to execute things like mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
without the need to change different configuration files within cloudstack.

The NFS recipe simply exports /exports.

I wrote a simple chef recipe (
https://github.com/imduffy15/cookbook_nat-router ) to use iptables to
forward traffic from the host-only interface to the NAT interface. This
enables this box to be a gateway for the host-only network and can be used
by the VMs brought up on xenserver to get internet access.

# Modified devcloud.cfg

I have supplied a modified devcloud.cfg file to work with the above
described environment.
https://github.com/imduffy15/GSoC-2014/blob/master/devcloud.cfg

My next step is to create a chef recipe that will download a system vm
specified by a chef attribute. This system vm will be downloaded and
installed onto the Mysql, NFS and Gateway vagrant box.