Vadim,

1. Only KVM for now, due to lack of interest I guess
2. The root disk value needs to be equal or larger than that of the template,
otherwise you end up with a broken disk, obviously. So go for minimal (say
under 10G) templates that can resize themselves, such as the ones at
http://dl.openvm.eu ;)
3. The backend API has been supporting this since 4.4.0, it's the UI that is
lagging behind
More details here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6181

Lucian

Nux!