I think it would be usefull to have that resize feature for all guests
(Linux, Windows, etc) - but perhaps customizes the Resize function to
perform partition resize inside Linux (if we are deploying new VM from
Linux template) - or simply do not do anything inside guest OS, just resize
the drive - and let the client handle partition and file system resize...it
might be more clean implementation I guess...?

Andrija Panić