I think the latest ECM release did not require this anymore? At least I
am running components do not implement Component. Though I think there
is an issue when using ServiceSelector in this way.

> Do we still need this with Fortress? I guess: no.

I did hesitate when I removed it but I couldn't think of a reason why
not to, I know it is not required by Fortress.

-- Unico