Berin Loritsch wrote:

And while you're at it can you confirm whether or not tags are inherited by subclasses?

You know, I can't remember off the top of my head. Let's add the Fortress
meta info collection task to the ANT build, and try it. If it does attempt
to inherit dependencies, then there are certain caveats. You shouldn't expect
it to find something in another JAR for instance.

I will say that it is a step in the right direction, but it is not perfect
yet.

Acutally, if it is implemented, it is probably resolved on the runtime side.
I will have to look into this.

For now, I would list all the dependencies in the class where they are declared.

Ok, speaking of dependencies...

We have some components which can accept the name of a component to lookup and use. For instance in the config, a Role or shorthand is provided and the component looks that up directly. How does that fit in with the explicit declaration of dependencies? I'll have to dig up an example later if I haven't made it clear enough yet.

Geoff