On 7 Dec 2003, at 19:00, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

I still have present the Stefano projection in 8 or more hours for
converting to DIVx a 45 mins long conferences of GT2003. This is not the
case on my Intel crap. I did a similar work with a 90 minuts video with an
old AMD crap and it was a matter of 2 hours. Maybe the cheap RAM of my AMD
crap allow doit faster. Saving me 3 hours of the 8.77 hours I waste
restarting Linux. So I can not care about the 2 minuts of the Linux start.

Antonio, cut the crap.

I *had* an intel machine for all my life. It a fancy Sony VAIO and when it came out it rocked. But now I will not go back not even if you gave me an intel machine for free, I sware to god.

As for the math above, I was forced to use stinking DivX just because you people wouldn't be able to support a serious video coded without having quicktime installed. And with quicktime, I could have encoded the thing in a breeze.

If the DivX plugin is piece of shit on mach-o, that's not apple's fault. Besides the 8 hours included the firewire importing, the video cutting, preprocessing and postprocessing.

On linux, you wouldn't even know where to start to do those things.

Stefano would save time and money with an Intel crap with more RAM.

Stefano knows what's good for him better than you do, dude.

I don't tell you what to run, I'm just stating my opinions and fighting against misinformation about people bitching about something because they don't know how to use it.

But at the end, choose whatever make you happy and I'm happy. I don't give a shit if Apple sells another machine or not.

--
Stefano.