Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Unico Hommes wrote:

I am just thinking whether it'd be worth a separate protocol something like forward://something ?

Yes, I thought of this as well. Unfortunately we have to many hardcoded
places, where against the protocol name "cocoon:" is tested. So if
we provide a new protocol we have to change all those places as well.

And we have to come up with a good name, as <map:generate src="forward://something"/> might look at little bit strange :)

O I thought you meant by forward the behavior that error handling would be forwarded to the called pipeline and that the default behavior should be that errors are handled by the calling pipeline. In that case it may be a lot less places where it had to change?
What should be the default behavior?

--
Unico