On 25 Mar 2004, at 19:40, Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert wrote:

Hmmm ... I've never used JMX for remote loading as the security just isn't there for my tastes and there other mechanisms that work so much better. It does do a fine job of loading/unloading components though.

Gianugo and I spent an hour on the phone (he paid the international rate :-) talking exactly about it...

He has a lot more practical experience on JMX than I have, and I believe that we got down to a pretty good rationale on how it can all work...

Gianugo, would you do the honors (as you are more experienced than me in this field) to summarize what we chatted about this evening?

Pier