The new code would be very similar.

The new "Block" code uses Wirings instead of a
ComponentManager/ServiceManager,
but they are *very* similar. You should also include a
comp.ensureWired() call
at the top, to test if the block whose components you are using hasn't
been
reloaded since you last checked. (This call will also reload the block
if it is
scheduled for reload, but not yet reloaded).

***The biggest change however***, is that you have to be prepared for
the
event that a component that you have looked up may disappear due to
block reloading.

This simply did not happen with Avalon. So you may get an exception
where
you didn't get one before.

Otherwise you should be fine.

/LS