Steven Noels wrote:

Care to comment about the other points? I cannot help myself thinking that Cocoon's adoption of Depot is more important for them than for us.

I share that perception.

But I think you understand that unlike Nicola, I'm not against Maven for personal reasons.

Of course Gump is important. Given that, and the number of projects using Maven, can't one assume that eventually they will live peacefully together?

There is operation going on. The problem is that Maven tries hard to *not* be compatible with ant.

Funny thought: Given the fact that Cocoon is already #1 on http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/gump_stats/module_dependencies.html, one could assume that Cocoon == Gump. :-)

eheh, right.

Look, as I said, I'm not against using maven *after* somebody shows me that it's possible.

I learned the hard way how building cocoon is a *really* tricky thing. I had to extend Ant several times and patched it in order to fix it.

remember the building on sand thing?

I say that nicola works on his version and if somebody wants (antonio?) they can work on the maven version and then we decide.

--
Stefano.