Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:

I say that nicola works on his version and if somebody wants (antonio?)
they can work on the maven version and then we decide.

Sorry. I have no time now to do that. :-(

I thought to concentrate on the Rhino merging, when I found free time.
Steven already triggered an alarm when showed Struts guys are behind Rhino
jar. Same as Steven, it is a good and a bad notice at the same time,
because of a forked version of the jar. I think it is top priority than
Maven now.

I am podering if is a worth to merge Rhino jar or if is better to create
another implementation with Groovy.... or both?:-D

Groovy is... groovy for sure, but until it's widespread as a "standard" language, we must keep flow implementations in languages well-known by our users. And JS and Java fit with the two main knowledge profiles of Cocoon users: those having a web developper background and those having a Java developper background.

Groovy, as nice it can be, can only IMO be "another" implementation. At least for now, as one thing we should never forget is that Cocoon is an advanced R&D project that's used by many people that are far from being top-level programmers, to say the least.

Sylvain