On May 27, 2004, at 7:45 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

I am podering if is a worth to merge Rhino jar or if is better to create
another implementation with Groovy.... or both?:-D

For these and other issues, we are unfortunately being forced now to do our own thing in order to provide our customer with something we are able to support and defend both technically and legally. I'll miss the continuations concept though. :-/

I wish this something discussed here in advance since we could have maybe found a good way to work together a solution, but I understand it's your business. Yet...

Doesn't the solution reside in javaflow? It does support continuations and has no licence issues. It can even be compatible with JS flowscript by intrumenting Rhino-generated classfiles instead of using the continuations-enabled interpreter.

Sure, it's too late now for your project, but it's IMO a good long-term solution as it provides a single infrastructure to continuation-enable any language compiling to bytecodes: Java, JS, Groovy, Jython, etc.
So we may decide to concentrate on stabilizing javaflow to finally drop the forked Rhino.
WDYT?

I'd love that. OTOH I recall Cristopher saying something structural about the current javaflow not being able to work. Can't find the thread ATM, but I sure hope we can circumvent this overcoming. The world needs continuations! :-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino