On 26 May 2004, at 23:39, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Steven Noels wrote:

Care to comment about the other points? I cannot help myself thinking that Cocoon's adoption of Depot is more important for them than for us.

I share that perception.

We had a similar thing with Centipede and Forrest a long time ago. It was good to have it, but in the end we went our own way (or that's at least what I remember from it, and it's been a long time since I checked).

But I think you understand that unlike Nicola, I'm not against Maven for personal reasons.

I really do understand you. No harm was intended at all.

Of course Gump is important. Given that, and the number of projects using Maven, can't one assume that eventually they will live peacefully together?

There is operation going on. The problem is that Maven tries hard to *not* be compatible with ant.

Crap. :-(

I say that nicola works on his version and if somebody wants (antonio?) they can work on the maven version and then we decide.

Seems fair to me. Do Depot & Maven agree on repository layout and artefact distribution?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org