Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
1 -> using import and subant this can be made much easier to change and debug, and have each block be able to customize the build

Please try to avoid adding build.xml for each block...

Actually, that's what I was going to do, along with creating a gump.xml descriptor for each block.

Here is the build.xml:

<project>
   <import file="../common-build.xml">
</project>

This makes it possible to build the block in a totally indipendent way from Cocoon, and frees us to move it where we want to later on.

3 -> some really see it as an issue

I don't ;-)

The fact is that it *is* easier to have autodownload, as ther eis no jar fetching to do. Jar updates are just a version change away in the descriptor.

Also, the build of Cocoon can be made much better using macrodefs and top level tasks.

As long as it is fast. Once we removed usage of (IIRC) <ant/> task build became orders of magnitude faster.

That's why I want to test it alongside the current build :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -