Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Conal Tuohy dijo:

Stefano wrote:

The XML syntax makes sense only when you want to process the sitemap
iteself via pipeline (for example, to generate an SVG poster
of it via XSLT)

And makes sense if you want to prevent people from adding scripting
inside the pipelines (well, actions are kinda like scripting
aren't they)

It's also potentially useful for validation.

Another thing I like about XML sitemaps is that you can load them in a
browser and use + and - buttons to reveal only the sections you want.

The fact that XML is a common syntax means that there will always be new
things you can with it.

Personally, I like it as XML. :-)

I agree. The idea I buyed from XML was that we don't need to add new
parsers, easily transformations using XSLT, etc. and that is a point we
will lose.
Have you ever trasformed your sitemap for anything else than sitemap2html purpose?

Even if you need sitemap documenting it would be better to use javadoc like tags in some java,grovy,whatsoever code.

You know that I like Groovy. and I thought about that long time ago, but I
was no brave enough to propose a Groovy syntax because the problems
parsing the Groovy code for later purposes. Note, I am not droping the
idea. I think we need to see closer to the pros and cons about a Groovy
sitemap syntax.

Another solution can be to allow more syntax here: XML, Groovy, java,
[fill here]. The question is if this is not again a balkanization. Long
time ago we agreed to avoid that for forms frameworks. Can we agree the
same for sitemap syntax?

I still have the idea that we need an IDE for Cocoon and using non-XML
syntax will be harder to parse. Just think what if we need to build an
non-XML reader to interpret the sitemap. With an XML syntax it is a very
easy task. Perhaps Sylvain call tell us more about this since they are
developing a tool for Cocoon.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

--
Leszek Gawron                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]