Antonio Gallardo wrote:
Suppose you have an IDE for Cocoon where you need to read the sitemap and
show the user it in a GUI. This is my point. The XML version will be
easier.
Easier to read or easier to implement the display component? So what if the displaying component is easier to implement if you make it harder for user to create a sitemap without it.

If we were creating a commercial product with GUIs all over the place I would agree: it is better to create easily parsable format and provide a gui for it. But not in this case. We do not have a GUI and won't have for a long time.

As many of you know, I also work in Druid project and there we have a XML internal representation of a DB. This is easier to manage and create than a other format.
One of my project contains about 35 entities right now. After it started growing I resigned from mapping my entities manually in XML and started to use XML. I have no nightmares anymore :)

-- Leszek Gawron [EMAIL PROTECTED] Project Manager MobileBox sp. z o.o. +48 (61) 855 06 67 http://www.mobilebox.pl mobile: +48 (501) 720 812 fax: +48 (61) 853 29 65