Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 15:11, Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:

It's the implementation that is bugging me: 74 classes are
not a small package. Can we do it with less? I hope so.

Hehe, but you suggested both: a new implementation and a new syntax, or?

What happened is that I started thinking about porting the TreeProcessor to Butterfly and ran away scared at the thought of how much work it would have cost me ;-) So I went for the path of least resistance, which at the moment seems to imply a different syntax too.

But after a brief exchange of ideas with Tony it dawned on me that we could keep the old syntax and transform it to the new on the fly. This also opens the possibility of using the two syntaxes together, which might be cool.

Anyway, I have got some inputs from this thread and as soon as I find some free time, I'll try to distill them in a tentative implementation that is a little less dumb and half-baked than the current one. For now, thanks for your precious feedback.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/