Ugo Cei wrote:

> Sigh, I though I had shown in my presentation that it is
> quite easy and straightforward indeed :(.

Sure, you succeeded in this point, don't worry about it!
It's possible to use Spring in Cocoon and it's easy but
it's not really integrated.

<SNIP/>

> We should not make that easy. Doing that is just FS. We
> shouldn't do anything that makes that *impossible*. As of
> today, you can use Spring, PicoContainer, HiveMind, etc, from
> within Cocoon without much of a hassle. Probably you cannon
> host EJBs inside Cocoon, but hey, that's just a fucked-up
> component model anyway.
>
> What we need to agree on is whether we will use Spring as a
> starting point or not. I thought we had already agreed on
> that at the GT but I was probably wrong.

Hmm, regardless of what has been decided at the GT, we should
make all decisions in this mailing list to give every committer
a change to comment/vote even those that weren't at the GT.

Carsten