I like to rely on the built-in catalogue for generic validation messages, so that I am always up to date with changes to CForms, and my own catalogue for form-specific labels, hints, help, titles etc.

Anyway, I tried copying the contents of FormsMessages.xml to my own catalogue and it still did not work.

regards Jeremy

On 25 Nov 2004, at 14:08, Bart Molenkamp wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

I also had that problem. My guess was that is has something to do with
the I18n transformer, which gives a problem if more than one catalogue
is configured. If you have only one catalogue, and add the contents of
FormsMessages.xml to it, it should work.

Bart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Quinn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 3:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: i18n and CForms

Hi All

I am finding that the default FormsMessages that come with CForms do
not appear to be working in 2.1.7-dev.

My default browser locale (I tried both Safari and Firefox) is
'en_US',
so should be using
context://samples/blocks/forms/messages/FormsMessages.xml.

This is not happening, either in my own usage or in the samples for
CForms.

So for instance, instead of getting the message "This field is
required." I get "general.field-required" indicating that the lookup
failed.

Interestingly, even after I copied "FormsMessages.xml" to
"FormsMessages_en_US.xml" and restarted Cocoon, it still did not work.

I also tried setting Firefox to say my locale was 'fr', it still did
not work.

The i18n Samples work fine.

Any ideas anyone?
Can anyone else reproduce this?