Le 3 déc. 04, à 21:40, Glen Ezkovich a écrit :
...I'm not sure I agree that templates as being part of the view. I look at them more as providing XML structure to the data....

We need both actually - if you work with the "two-step view" pattern (which is very natural with Cocoon), you need a first set of templates to generate XML out of your data, and a second set to transform the XML into the final presentation format.

Currently we have JXTG for the first step, and mostly XSLT for the second. Having something that could cover both steps and be usable by either programmers working on the first step or designers working on the second would be a Really Good Thing.

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/twoStepView.html