Leszek Gawron wrote:
<snip/>
That's good. If noone objects I will start tomorrow and hopefully commit tomorrow.
I have not had time to evalute your proposal in detail, but from a first look it seem good, so please go ahead.

The syntax you proposed for invocation:
<jx:invoke macro="superPrettyPrintedTable"
           headerTemplate="addressHeaderTemplate"
           elements="${addresses}"
           rowTemplate="addressRowTemplate"/>

has the problem that "headerTemplate" and so on only are defined in the macro definition. Which means that you can't use a schema for checking the template. I would suggest that you use the ordinary verobose

<jx:parameter  name="foo" value="bar"/>

syntax instead. So that it can work together with common XML tools, if people want to use such.

And in another mail:
It does not seem that much coding is needed. I could also strip all inner
classes from JXTG at the same time as the first step for JXTG refactoring.
I'm working on refactoring JXTG, and will commit as soon as I have something commitable. I would suggest that you focus on implementing the invoke stuff, if its ok with you, so that we avoid doing the same work twice.

You should also be aware of that refactoring is somewhat more complicated than just stripping out the inner classes, as they have all sort of interdependencies based on using global variable in the main class and using public variables from each other :/

/Daniel