Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Well, I think it is time to discuss again.

I still think we should remove the dependency to LogKit in 2.2 - we all
see now that it's a dead project. So is there any reason to keep it?
Noone else is using it and removing the dependency to LogKit does *not*
mean that our logging infrastructure for components (LogEnabled) will be
removed as well. Apart from configuration it's totally transparent.

ATM, I'd say do what you want as long as:

 * Cocoon 2.1 stays as it is.
 * Cocoon 2.2 can be run with LogKit.

I.e., I'm ok if you switch default to Log4J and remove logkit.jar, as long as I can put it back and change the default back to LogKit.

Vadim