On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 15:08 +0200, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Ugo Cei wrote:
> > It works. The only nagging doubt I have is whether removing the
> > parameter declaration from the included files means that they cannot be
> > used anymore by themselves. I doubt anyone is doing this, however.
>
> I'm doing this :-) As the name says, it's forms-*samples*-styling and it has
> nothing to do with my application.

I am doing this as well; in fact I'm only using forms-field-styling.xsl
not imported by anything else.  So removing that variable declaration
will break the individual stylesheets when used alone.  Authors
shouldn't have to create a stylesheet that does nothing but include
another single stylesheet and declare a single variable.

> In my cforms2html.xsl stylesheet I have imported the general stylesheets:
>
>    <xsl:import
> href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
>    <xsl:import
> href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl"/>
>
> But this shouldn't stop you from fixing the bug as I can set the parameter in
> my
> cforms2html.xsl stylesheet.
>
> IIRC the forms-*samples*-styling.xsl stylesheet includes the sub-stylesheets
> instead of importing them. If you are at it, maybe you can fix this too.

Actually, IIUC, changing from xsl:include to xsl:import would fix the
issue with the duplicate variable declarations anyway, since xsl:import
allows for overriding of variables/params/templates while xsl:include
does not.  I am unable to verify that right now though.

--Jason