David Crossley wrote:
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Ralph Goers wrote:

I seem to remember reading on legal-discuss that the "nuclear clause" is incompatible with the ASL. If true, any components with such a license can not be disctributed with our code or reside in SVN.

Ralph

Faulty memory. The only reference I could find was at http:// wiki.apache.org/jakarta/LicenceIssues which, of course, is not "official" ASF policy.

I found it!

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg18202.html

Darn... I wish you found that when I posted the license before committing...

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg34406.html

The License that Pier shows in msg34406 is not
the same one as was commented on in msg18202.
The main comments do not match, only the nuclear
thing still remains.

We are not lawyers, so someone should clear this up
with the ASF license-discuss list.

We have a Legal VP now :-)

Pier, if you want to use that code, send a comment to Cliff.

Also, we could also tell sun to remove that clause or to relicense under CDDL.

--
Stefano.