Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 12 oct. 05, à 05:16, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :

...I think a better, leaner, cleaner javadoc would go a *LOOOONG* way to make things easier...

I was thinking about that recently - does anyone know a tool for tag-based navigation of javadocs?

A better *navigation* of the javadocs, like being able to see all classes which have the "sitemap generator" tags, would help a lot.

Or more simpler, and we already talked about this, what about tagging the source files themselves to be able to produce javadocs of a restricted set of classes, i.e. those that are considered public API and that people can safely rely on.

There you go! +1

So how do we decide what is internal, what is external? The discussion is likely to be "fun".

We could have a wiki page containing all classes, and mark the ones on that wiki page that we want to be public. Then a script could add the necessary javadoc markup.

If that approach sounds okay, I'd happily volunteer to write the script to add the markup, assuming it is a simple enough markup.

Thoughts?

Regards, Upayavira