Sylvain Wallez wrote:
So please choose one proposal below:

[ ] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
[X] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
[ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
[ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the beginning of widget names)

My preference was for ':' but IE makes it not convenient.

I also think that using '_' will go in our way in the future, as we'll use more and more direct mapping of forms with other entities, and '_' is allowed at the beginning of identifiers in most programming languages whereas '.' is not, as it's a kind of universal combining char (Java, JS, SQL, Python, Ruby, etc).

Sylvain